Update: June 16, 2018: We are waiving the $50 setup fee for all clients that sign a contract with us in the remaining 2 weeks of June, 2018.
We are changing our pricing model beginning Monday, March 12, 2018.
- Before we get to the point of decrypting wallets we spend a lot of time working with clients that often are not serious about recovering their funds.
- More then 30% of the wallets that we have recovered have been empty, or had less than the equivalent of USD $50 in them when we recovered them.
- We have spent dozens of hours researching complicated client issues, only to have the client decide not to pursue recovery.
Disadvantages for our Clients:
- Half of the people that contact us have crypto recovery issues that don’t offer a clear path to the recovery of funds. We have not been able to afford to service those clients.
- Some clients with larger wallets balk at a 20% recovery fee.
- Many clients have asked for phone consultations, which have not made financial sense under the old model.
To address these different concerns, we have decided to implement a new pricing model. Beginning Monday, March 12, we are going to charge all clients a USD $50 up-front fee. That fee will include:
- An initial consultation by phone, and follow-up conversations by email.
- We will thoroughly discuss your options for recovering your funds, include the use of recovery phrases, password managers and brute force decrypting your password.
- We will help you identify likely password guesses.
- If you choose to pursue brute force decrypting of your password, and we can get both a viable wallet backup and password guesses, we will test at least 1 million password variations.
In acknowledgement that the $50 fee reduces our risk in getting paid, we are reducing our fee from funds recovered from 20% to 17.5%. In addition, we will apply the initial $50 charge towards our fee.
So, to take our initial example of a client that had lost their password to a wallet that contained 1 Bitcoin, under the old model we would have charged 20% of the funds recovered, or .2 BTC. Under the new model we would charge $50 up-front, plus .175 BTC when the funds are recovered.